shower waste connection puzzle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I ordered a shower tray from Screwfix which was six days late arriving. Whilst waiting I connected the rest of the 32mm sink waste into 40mm shower waste into 100mm soil pipe. Solvent welded in, its done, cant be changed. All FloPast. Shower tray finally arrived and because of the usual fitting restrictions I need to connect the waste trap to the previously described pipework via a flexi pipe (yeah....I know). The push fit of the FloPast flexi pipe wont fit anything I have....

The supplied shower trap (supplied with tray) is unbranded....if I swapped that out for a FloPast shower trap (if they do one) should that fit?

Any other suggestion gratefully considered......other than start again

Thank you!

Attachments

• shower-connections.jpg
    shower-connections.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 142
Sponsored Links
Dump the flexi and connect with 40mm rigid pipe.

Never liked them flowpast flexi shower pipes,had a couple leaking and the diameter reduction in the flexi has resulted in slow draining.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wish I could. Space, other pipes, joists, it's not going to happen. Its flexi or rip it all out. I just need the poxy thing to connect.

The push fit of the FloPast flexi pipe wont fit anything I have....

It's not pushfit - it's compression.

The top photo in your original post looks right (or about as right as flexi waste pipework will ever be) - if you take off the backnut and washer from the waste extension, does the male end of the flexi then fit?

Sponsored Links
It's not pushfit - it's compression.

The top photo in your original post looks right (or about as right as flexi waste pipework will ever be) - if you take off the backnut and washer from the waste extension, does the male end of the flexi then fit?
Sorry I meant to clarify which end I was referring too by referring to the end you push into the adjoining compression joint.
No, the male end fits neither the compression fitting nor the solvent weld T.

that's odd ? is the male end of the flexible pipe too loose ? even when tightened up ? the plastic nut should compress the rubber seal quite a bit .if it really will not compress onto the flexi , swap it for a mcalpine flexi.

The flexi will not solvent weld, it must be joined either end by way of a compression waste fitting. Cant understand why it wont fit, would have expected the spigot end to go into the trap/waste, and leave the compression socket on the outlet end to connect to the rigid waste, as per your top arrangement in the picture.

The flexi will not solvent weld, it must be joined either end by way of a compression waste fitting. Cant understand why it wont fit, would have expected the spigot end to go into the trap/waste, and leave the compression socket on the outlet end to connect to the rigid waste, as per your top arrangement in the picture.

It's way too narrow to weld into the T as you say, when inserted into the compression fitting on the trap, it doesn't seem to go in far enough, as you tighten, it simply slides back out after 10 minutes. Think I may have a solution to ditching the flexi....pic attached...

Attachments

• 139-1.png
    139-1.png
    210.6 KB · Views: 127
it doesn't seem to go in far enough, as you tighten, it simply slides back out after 10 minutes.

Yes indeed,have seen that before and the damage it has caused so never trusted them.Have always used rigid pipe but as you install is advanced you could fit a mcalpine flexi and a mcalpine trap,they are a well known respected brand.

Good luck

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back