Shower Wont Get Hot Even After Replacing Thermo Cartridge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My shower was only running luke warm so after a bit of homework I replaced the thermostatic cartridge at great expense. still only running like warm....... :evil:

I'm using a combi boiler running 2 bar, the temperature gauge on the boiler is set to normal. When I run the shower and the cold water in the bathroom basin the shower temperature dosnt change.

I cant think what the problem might be (apart from the new cartridge being faulty which I really dont think it is, I dont think the other one was faulty either)....please.....any ideas?

Just to add....If I turn the water right down on the shower tap It will run hot but not enough pressure/water coming out of the head.

Sponsored Links
I'm using a combi boiler running 2 bar, the temperature gauge on the boiler is set to normal.

What do you class as normal ? some thermostatic showers need a 10c difference in the hot water to work properly ie if you want to shower at 40c the incoming hot has to be greater than 50c, try turning up the hot water stat on the boiler.

I'm using a combi boiler running 2 bar, the temperature gauge on the boiler is set to normal.

What do you class as normal ? some thermostatic showers need a 10c difference in the hot water to work properly ie if you want to shower at 40c the incoming hot has to be greater than 50c, try turning up the hot water stat on the boiler.

I'll put it on maximum and get back to you!

Ok, so taps in the rest of the house are now unbearably/scalding hot....still luke warm shower!

Sponsored Links
in that case I would suspect the nrv on the hot is stuck, have a look at the shower instructions for its location, (I am assuming that the shower worked ok in the past)

in that case I would suspect the nrv on the hot is stuck, have a look at the shower instructions for its location, (I am assuming that the shower worked ok in the past)

I can only think thats what it is. However, the problem is the NRV cover is a stupid extra wide, thick groove, Too big for a screw driver especially as its soft brass. is there a special wide headed flat head screw driver to use on it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back