Shower works for first person...but doesnt heat on restart

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,
We have a Triton T90Si at home...its been great.

However lately if i have a shower in the morning, it will work absolutely perfect...but if i shut it off and the misses gets in it even 10 or 15 minutes later sometimes it wont heat up for her.... As you can imagine my misses isnt too happy with this and we have resorted to leaving the shower run and hopping in and out.
It always works perfect for first person...but if its switched off and then back on again a few minutes later it may not heat.
It has its own feed from a large tank right overhead so its not being starved of water...and it pumps as hard as it ever has.
Im guessing some stat may be covered in limescale and it thinks it has overheated...we are in a hard water area.

Any idea what this might be??

Cheers,
Marty.

Sponsored Links
I would never recommend Triton.

There is obviously a fault. Scaling will be a prime suspect.

But I don't advise DIY repairs on electric showers and its usually cheaper to just buy a new unit.

Tony

I understand Agile...water and electronics and naked people is a bad mix!!
However times are tough and id rather not splash out on a new one if i can repair it.
...just looking for pointers before i open it up.

Ive replaced a motor and a solenoid in a mira before and thats still running :)

Marty.

It needs diagnostic testing but my expectation is that the residual heat when turned off is tripping the o/h stat.

If so then VERY gradual turning down of the flow might prevent the o/h stat operating ( if its a flow operated shower ).

If solenoid operated then that would not work.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Yeah that would sound about right...the flow is keeping it cool when first run.
But when shut down the heat built up on the face of the stat is not been taken away because the scale is insulating it.
Ill rip it apart and report back...unfortunately the only way to test this properly will be morning shower time ;)
I hope she doesnt have to have another cold one!!!
Marty.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back