shower

ajl

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can someone advise me, can i run the 10mm2 cable up alongside the water pipe that feeds the shower unit? if i run the cable above the copper pipe and compression fitting ,then water should never be able to run up the cable and get into the conections???? otherwise what to do? also the cable is in free air up to the point it enters the shower area, will keeping the cable behind the tiles for about 1.5 mtre of its 15 mtre length be ok? any advise welcome :eek:

post moved from UK electrics

Sponsored Links
Your post raises questions concerning the proximity of cables to other services, which may be the subject of French regulations.

You have chosen to post in the Electrics UK forum rather than Electrics Outside of the UK.

As for 10mm² cable capacity, knowing the load would be a big help...

ok, the cable is on its own.direct from the C.U. it is clipped thru the cellar ceiling up thru the first floor via the same boxed chanel the pipework uses. then it goes along the floor edge of the wall, up the wall that will form the shower back,tiled, and into the 8.5 kw@240v shower unit. the only other thing near the cable is the upcoming water pipe,copper that will feed the shower. it seems french regs dont req the switch next to the shower, which frankly i cannot understand,as if you cant reach it from the shower what purpose does it serve?is it safe to have a pull cord dangling in the shower unit? french regs req a differencial which is fitted in the C.U. presently 40A.30 ma I believe. thanks for quick reply

ajl said:
ok, the cable is on its own.direct from the C.U. it is clipped thru the cellar ceiling up thru the first floor via the same boxed chanel the pipework uses. then it goes along the floor edge of the wall, up the wall that will form the shower back,tiled, and into the 8.5 kw@240v shower unit. the only other thing near the cable is the upcoming water pipe,copper that will feed the shower. it seems french regs dont req the switch next to the shower, which frankly i cannot understand,as if you cant reach it from the shower what purpose does it serve?is it safe to have a pull cord dangling in the shower unit? french regs req a differencial which is fitted in the C.U. presently 40A.30 ma I believe. thanks for quick reply

10mm² cable will be fine, as long as the run isn't over 56m long, and as long as there are no hot water pipes in that duct, but you need to seek the advice of a French electrician, or on an appropriate forum/website regarding French regs...

Sponsored Links
ah, the toilet waste , hot water pipe and central heating pipes , feed and return,one of each.are in the duct , all pipes are covered with foam insulation and the duct is very big i could easily get another 10/15, 40 mm pvc pipes in there. presently the shower cable is cable tied to the outside of the waterpipe insulation ??? any ides of a english speaking forum on french regs????

Back