Showerforce (New Team) 1000 shower.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I installed a Showerforce (New Team) 1000+ about 6 years ago for a friend. Its worked ok until recently, then started leaking from the casing. New Team or Bristan whatever they are now weren't exactly helpful when I rang them on Monday. No spares available, new shower needed they said. Managed to obtain seals kit from Showerspares.com for £10, fitted them earlier. Still leaking albeit nowhere near as badly. Friend decided she may as well have new shower at this stage.

Went to B&Q, got what seemed to be same model, on removing case to install it, exactly the same internally as original. Nice easy install! However, whilst its whacking out the water, I cannot get the temperature above lukewarm, even on hottest setting. Before I remove it again and take it back to B&Q can anybody suggest a possible cause? My thoughts are hot supply is restricted somehow, but gate valve is fully open, and hot supply is too hot to touch right up to where it enters shower. Just aggro I dont need now, doing this as a favour. :(

Sponsored Links
Possible causes are:

1. Unbalanced supplies.
2. Faulty shower.

Note that (1) can result from a blockage, and that the set of blockage types includes broken gate valve.

Please can you state where the hot and cold supplies come from?

Hi and thanks for response. Supplies are cold T'd into 22mm feed from cold storage in loft formerly to bathroom taps. (This has been capped off by Housing Assoc plumbers when bathroom replaced just past T.) Hot T'd into DHW from cylinder, 1st connection in airing cupboard.

Spoken to New Team today, they said either blockage or faulty mixer. Im going back in a bit, will isolate cold and run shower on hot only, see what flow is like, before I take it out again. Gate valve shuts off ok, and reaches a stop when turned back on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back