Showerforce thermostatic 1500xt leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have a Showerforce thermostatic 1500xt with a slight leak. I've added a picture to show where the leak is. Any idea what it is and what I need to do to stop the leak.

Thanks

Steve
Screenshot_20211213_011446_com.google.android.apps.docs~2.jpg
Screenshot_20211213_011446_com.google.android.apps.docs~2.jpg

Sponsored Links
Internal o ring gone or housing has hairline crack

Sponsored Links
Looks like I need a Newteam Mixer Valve 1500Xt - Sp-087-0154 which is virtually the same price as a new shower. Any tips for getting a cheaper one?

Thanks Gas112. What the difference between a Newteam Mixer Valve 1500Xt - Sp-087-0154 and the 1000XT version?

There's actually a sort of funnel piece that fits into the mixer valve - a little strange in fact, it has the two pipe inputs, then another two outputs that attach to the mixer. I don't think it would be obvious with the mixer in situ, it just looks like one piece.

I have the remains of my one of these showers in the garage after getting it replaced a couple of months ago (> 10 years old, multiple faults).

There's actually some screws that hold the funnel piece into the mixer valve, so if they had come loose...

I'll find and post some pics of what I mean later.

Here you are.
1) the thermostatic mixer valve complete with control knob and oriented as per instruction manual in original post. Note that mine was set up to have the pipe entry at rear, although I don't have the right-angled bend connectors
2) knob removed, front plastic plate removed (screws), funnel thing pulled out to right and separated from thermostatic mixer
3) a look at the side of the mixer with the funnel piece removed. Note the bottom plate that I'm holding onto also removes with screws
4) the funnel piece I removed. Those two o-rings mate with the slots on the mixer. The cross-shaped protrusion slots into the bottom plate of the mixer

1_IMG_20211213_134738688.jpg
2_IMG_20211213_134929660.jpg
3_IMG_20211213_135004658.jpg
4_IMG_20211213_134955594.jpg

Cheers mate. Don't suppose there is an O Ring kit I can buy is there rather than an a new mixer valve.

These were the cheap end of the shower market when they were new if memory serves me correctly, amazed it's still going to be honest, I've come across a few in the past, (haven't seen one in over 10 years now), and they were not a lot of good then, replaced a couple with Triton's offering.

To be honest, if Showerdoc haven't got the spares you require, then they are probably NLA, may be better to bite the bullet and replace the unit with something else.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back