Showerwall Panelling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Not sure if this is the correct forum, but sure the mods will move it if not, so apologies!

Need to fit some showerwall panelling to walls above bath (once I have removed the old tiles)

Not sure how much of a mess the tiles will leave, but lets think positively and hope its not to bad!

Has anyone fitted this before? All I have read on them (there is not much literature on them) seem to suggest using batons and then glueing the panels to them, but I would be much happier, not to mention making my life easier if I can cut to size and glue directly onto the wall is this possible?

also wondered, whats the best and easiest way to cut this stuff? At £100 a sheet dont really wont to be making many mistakes

Look forward to hearing from you.

Sponsored Links
I did a whole shower room with "Marbrex"....ok it`s plastic but I like the look :oops: made by Swish , I think. found it in a merchant`s in E Sussex.

Not sure how much of a mess the tiles will leave, but lets think positively and hope its not to bad!

Speaking from experience, I think it's fair to presume that you will be left with a mess :)

You may need to re-plaster to get a smooth surface to work with and/or use battons as suggested.

Also - if any of the walls are partion/stud walls, then it's also possible that they'll be very hard to remove without taking the plasterboard with it, depending on how well they're stuck on. I had to re-board and re-plaster both internal stud walls when I fitted a bathroom recently because of this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back