fixing Showerwall Panelling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Not sure if this is the correct forum, but sure the mods will move it if not, so apologies!

Need to fit some showerwall panelling to walls above bath (once I have removed the old tiles)

Not sure how much of a mess the tiles will leave, but lets think positively and hope its not to bad!

Has anyone fitted this before? All I have read on them (there is not much literature on them) seem to suggest using batons and then glueing the panels to them, but I would be much happier, not to mention making my life easier if I can cut to size and glue directly onto the wall :eek: is this possible?

also wondered, whats the best and easiest way to cut this stuff? At £100 a sheet dont really wont to be making many mistakes :(

Look forward to hearing from you.

Sponsored Links
hey, is this grant westfield/ mermaid stuff? Plywood with laminated face?

I recently fitted out a commercial kitchen with westfield multipanel after removing tiles. There were a couple of areas that needed a fill with some finish plaster and a few nedding heavily scraped to remove tile adhesive but good prep will stand you in good sted. As for attching, you can just use a hi grab adhesive and bond straight to the wall assuming the existing plaster is not flaking/ hollow to the tap. The stuff i used had a aluminium extruded edge which it sloted into and it could be screwed to the wall. Internal and ext corner extrusions were available too. If you were to use these extrusion edgings screw them in on two sides and stick the other edgings on. Obviously in a bathroom use waterproof adhesive for the panels.

Where did you/ are you getting this stuff, its in their interest to recommend the best methods/ products. Also most of this stuff now has guarantees that will be void if fitted without using recommended........

Hi,

Thanks for the advice, they are buying the items from Jewsons. Having measured up they will be getting the joinging strips and internal corner as you mentioned. Will also be buying the recommended adhesive and bathroom sealent for the product as well.

The panels are 900 x 2440mm so I plan to use the 900 as the width using joining strips for each panel and cutting the 2440 to length as this will be going bath top to ceiling.

Current tiles are only about half way up wall, wall above seems very good (proper brick house, not plasterboard) so hoping that the tiles will come off without to much damage.

Would you recommend using the adhesive they purchase or something like no more nails to glue to walls? I was hoping to screw the joining strip and corners directly to walls as you also said.

I use Evo grip in kitchens but in a bathroom you'd be better with a full waterproof adhesive like wet grab or similar.

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/54342...-Performance/Evo-Stik-Wet-Grip-Adhesive-290ml

With a good thick bead and well fixed edges it wont shift in a hurry.
I would say that its best to dry fit everything once to see how you can maximise the screwed in edges as obviously usually only 2 sides of 4 can be screwed in.

Oh and dont forget to silicone along the edges that fit inside the trims to protect the ply.[/url]

Sponsored Links
oh and lastly i'm sure you know this but as with any laminate Jigsaw and circ saw cuts should be on the bottom face.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back