Bathroom Wall Panels - Wetwall, showerwall, multipanel :-S

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im looking to renovate my bathroom by installing a quadrant shower enclosure in an unused corner of my room.... dont know why one was never installed to be honest. Plumber friend says the same and its an easy job...

confusion i have is that i dont want it tiled and would like some wall boards but there so many im not sure which to go for.

I dont like the plastic panels as ive had them before and just dented to easy so looked into harder boards and was told about mdf backed boards called showerwall. see some in my local builders merchant and its solid so good stuff for me. Googled them and found a website which sells them at a a much cheaper price then the builder merchant and will deliver for free as well which is great. confusion came when i started looking through their site and found there other boards which appear to be the same or similar and all priced different..... showerwall, wetwall, multipanel, selki, does it really matter which i go for??

website is http://www.rubberduckbathrooms.co.uk/shower-panels-boards

Sponsored Links
Multipanel by Grant Westfield :idea: ...got it here @ home . BUT make sure the floor/walls are true first. ;)

You've probably chosen by now - I'd be interested to know what you went for and why.

I have a serious worry about the MDF based ones - I fear that no matter how well you put together the joints with sealant and metal strips, water will penetrate. It might take years, but sooner or later the MDF core will do what MDF does when you make it wet.

+1 for the MultiPANEL.....using the genuine trim and joining strips. Its ply based, costs a bomb but is absolutely great.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Which is what worries me, even if the core is "WBP exterior" ply (A term which covers a multitude of qualities)...

I couldn't agree more and success has, as with many things, got to be down to the ability and professionalism of the installer to know what is required.
If installed as per manufacturers instructions all should be well, but cut corners and it'll come back to haunt.
When I used this stuff, maybe 10 years ago, I sealed the raw edges first before using a quality silicone and it's fine to date.
Curiously enough I'm having another bash in a month or so!
John :)

I'm thinking I might try and find (a) maker(s) who offer the same finish in solid laminate (which I'd happily use on wet walls) and plywood core boards which would be OK on walls which don't get soaked.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back