Shower Panels - Which is better PVC or wood based?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I am thinking of getting some shower panels or wetwalls for my bathroom.There are some lovely ones these days.

Has anyone any experience with these? There are UPVC based ones (ipsl) and some laminated wood types (multipanel,selkie,etc). Both are popular from what I understand.

Wood based ones have a better finish but can apparently swell up and bend in case of leaks.The UPVC ones can get dented. Any one have them in their bathrooms and how do they look in some years? Plasticky?

Sponsored Links
Consider MultiPANEL , and if it's installed as per the manufacturers recommendations you'll not regret it.
The results are a beautiful bathroom that is dead easy to clean, without the fuss of tile grout or whatever.
I'm such a convert, I'll not tile again (for myself at any rate).
John :)

Have used both, the ply backed are well made and impervious to water, [left an offcut out in all weathers for a year and it was as good as new] Plastic come in a variety of sizes, if you use them go for at least 8mm thick and I backed mine with aqua panel to keep it sturdy.
With so many colour and style options I am surprised anyone bothers with tiles.

Burnerman and foxhole - thank you! :) I'll go with the wood options and the design options are so many!

Sponsored Links
MDF panels will swell if the seal goes, and some of the cheap plastic panels aren't light fast but they're sturdy, so I'll be trying ply next time as well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back