SiAmp Storm 33A Flush Broken?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there,

I have recently bought my first house and the toilet in their was new.

Last night when I pushed the flush button down the water wouldnt stop coming and ended up over flowing because there was a small blockage in the toilet.

I franticly took off the push button and cistern cover to see if the flush was stuck down. It was.

I stopped the water flow and unblocked the toilet and thats all fine BUT Im now trying to reassemble the button.

I have the chrome button a spring and a white plastic speak looking thing.

When I fit it all together the white part doesnt fit onto the little white lever part its sorta the wrong way round. Am I missing a part?

It goes Chrome button - Spring - Spear which then goes into the whole to push the lever only one way but it does seem right. Have I got this the wrong way round or has something flung off in the process?

Thanks
Aaron

Sponsored Links
Get rid and fit a Fluidmaster flapper valve.
Simplistic in design, very little to go wrong and simple to fix if it does.

Hi Aaron,
Were you able to fix this?I am facing the same issue. Any help from the experts in the forum will be much appreciated. Thanks.

As already said ,It would best to rip these cheap nasty B&Q flushes out and Fit a Fluidmaster

Renowned to be the best out there for internal cistern parts

Sponsored Links
When I press the flush button on my Twyford toilet, the water only flushes whilst the button is pressed. If I release the button, the flush stops immediately rather than continue until the cistern has emptied. Hence I need to press and hold until it has emptied. I assume that this is a fault. It is around 13 years old now.

I can't figure out if something needs adjusting or replacing. Does anyone have any suggestions about what could be wrong?

An update on my post from 9 Jun 2015.
I bought a replacement and installed it. But it still requires me to keep the button pressed for the length of time I want the water to flush. Perhaps it has always been like this and I never noticed. In the last few weeks my attention was drawn to it because water was slowly running from the cistern into the toilet pan continuously, hence it required some adjusting until the water stopped. Since then I have been keeping an eye or it too much. Anyway it works well enough. Time to get a new hobby now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back