side shed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need a feed for two double sockets & two flourescent lights in a side shed attached to the house which currently has no power. I have no spare fuses on cu. Can I take a feed off the ring main via a fused spur or would I need a saeparate cu. How much would this cost & what would be the timescale? thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
johnjohn said:
I need a feed for two double sockets & two flourescent lights in a side shed attached to the house which currently has no power. I have no spare fuses on cu. Can I take a feed off the ring main via a fused spur or would I need a saeparate cu.
Yes you can do that if the building reg rules north of the border allow

How much would this cost & what would be the timescale? thanks in advance
Cost would depend on where you buy the materials and the timescale would be governed by how fast you work.

Sponsored Links
You could spur off the ring main to a 13 amp fused spur and run the sockets off that, And the lighting points could be fed from the exisiting circuit providing it has the capacity for the extra loads.
Make sure the ring main is RCD protected as sockets in a shed may supply equiptment used outside.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back