Siemens Dishwasher E15 error factory reset?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Siemens Eco Sense Dishwasher giving an E15 fault with the little tap symbol lit up.
I have had the sides off and no sign of a flood in there.

Dishwasher will sometimes complete a cycle but more often fails and gives the error about 10 minutes from the end. It then says End, but keeps trying to pump out. It sucks the base dry seemingly easily, stops pumping, thinks about it for about 30 seconds, and then pumps again.
It will do this indefinitely. Opening the door doesn't stop it.
Switching off at the button usually doesn't work, and the reset button doesn't work. Have to unplug and plug back in to stop it.

Phoned Siemens and they told me to do a factory default reset by unplugging for two hours, then plugging back in and holding down reset button for 20 seconds. This didn't do anything. No beep, and all preferences for water hardness etc still stored.

Model is SN 26 T590 GB/15

Any ideas?
Is there really a factory reset I can do? If so how?

Many thanks in advance

George

Sponsored Links
Perhaps this is responsible?

Dishwasher%20clog%20sml.jpg

Narrowed down the error to the last 10 minutes or so of any wash, essentially when it is pumping out for the final time.

Everything is reasonably clean, but (removed and) rinsed out final hose and drain with Sodium Hydroxide to be sure.

Can anyone tell me what this passage that has got somewhat gummed up with grease is for? (the orange bit in the photo)?

It looks like as the machine pumps out a little grease that might be floating on the surface of the water might be going up this passage to the rectangular area and gumming it up.

Could this be the cause of the problem? There doesn't appear to be anything connected to this chamber in terms of a sensor etc?

Is there any way to get to this chamber to clean it? I am guessing that I could drill a small hole near the top and wash it down with degreaser like Janitol? and then glue a patch over the hole or something?

Any ideas? Or maybe this is unimportant?

Any help much appreciated.

George

Can anyone tell me how this is supposed to work?

I decided that this clog was to blame, so drilled some small holes in it and injected some caustic soda to try to clear the block, then re-sealed the holes.

http://instagram.com/p/d-YP4sNWK4/

This seems to have worked but I would like to understand how this is supposed to function. I assumed that the little chamber at the top gets water in it and then acts as a valve that in some way lets air in after pumping out to allow the water in the waste pipe to syphon out and leave the machine mostly dry. However although it now finishes a cycle OK, there is always water left in the hump below this point at the end of each wash (and a good amount in the hose)...

Error 15....check tap and hose then tilt dishwasher towards you ...it proberbly had an air lock and hopefully will work after this action (mine did) good luck

Sponsored Links
ours got E15 error code yesterday, did the usual turn on/ turn off, clear inlet filter, tried reset, nothing, turned off at Mains overnight, still E15 error, did the tilt forward and hey presto error code went and now working ok, thanks

Hi All, I had the a similar problem. E14 – Error 14. On my Simens dishwasher. I managed to fix it by soldering on a new reed switch onto the flow meter. Its integrated to the matrix so can’t just replace the whole flow sensor. I don’t know what spec of the one that was in the machine but I had one lying about – so I used it and its working ok so far with no problems. The part number I used was – 229-3658 from RS.
It’s cheaper than replacing the matrix at 100 quid.
Hope this helps someone.

People thanks for the advise for the E15 error with the tap flashing. I did everything without success. in the end I pulled the machine out with difficulty.
Mine is a built-in. By the way whoever calls himself the engineer did a lot of shoddy work all hidden in the furniture.
Anyway all I had to do to get it working again was to tilt it towards me.
You are better than the producers guys. Cheeeeeeeers

Tilting towards oneself made the trick. I had to tilt it before towards the back to make it completely empty the inside.

Thanks for the tip!

We had a Bosch dishwasher ( same manufacture as Siemens) with the same issue and the tilting forward trick was suggested to us and in worked, briefly.
However, the dishwasher has an overflow sensor in the white plastic base of the machine whicn detects if there is a leak inside the unit ( not inside the washing part). If this base area fills with water, a safety float rises and the micro switch triggers the machine to pump out. The pump cannot pump water from the base as the pump only pumps from the inside workings of the washer so the E15 code is raised as a warning.
I could just fit my hand into the very base of the unit past the electrics and could feel the water that confirmed the problem. ( power off, obviously!)
Tipping the machine effectively removes the water from the base and the E15 error goes. It will probably return until you can find and cure the leak. Ours was coming from a pinhole in the large water supply "tank" on the right of your photo. Repairing it meant stripping the tank and doing a repair to the plastic. Not easy but doable with a bit of effort.

Mine came up with E15. Tilted it and bingo all good. Definitely worth a try. Saved me massive lecture from hubby

The tilled worked for me but only one time, then the problem came up again. Also this time it was fixed with the tilt. But how can i make it work in the long run?

Can´t see how the problem will go away by cleaning the channel for grease. is there a sensor connected to the area (vaccum?)

This is how my dishwasher looks like:

IMG_2870.JPG

Tried to clean my machine today, was "impossible" to get all the grease of. But after 4h off cleaning i could see that is was letting water pass thru the "pipe".

started it up, but after 45min E15 came up again.... this time a did the tilt trick = works fine ... but only one cycle.

This is how i did:

IMG_2889.JPG
IMG_2884.JPG

tried too push the greas out with air and a smal hose, workd fine on the loose black particels.

IMG_2892.JPG

this was my best way of cleaning, water from oneway and vaccum cleaner pulling from the other end.

IMG_2893.JPG

finish!

Attachments

• IMG_2884.JPG
    IMG_2884.JPG
    119.7 KB · Views: 3,675

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back