Siemens Dishwasher E15 error factory reset?

Looks like i talk to my self here ;)

After the last tilt, it works! And it worked for like 10-12 cycles - But now i got the E23 error .... :cry::cry::cry: faultiy drain pump ...

Sponsored Links
I have just got the same Error E:15 too, so just found your thread..

I have had the filter out and cleaned, but its still doing it

Do you know how to reset the E:15 error? Ours is wired into the wall when fitted as part of the kitchen, so we can't 'unplug it' as such to reset it, only just turn it off, which doesn't really do anything..

When turned on, it jumps into life and just spins water around the very bottom, and we can't turn it off - all with the E:15 error code.

Also as this is inset as part of the kitchen, I can't get this out to 'tilt' as others have said, but have found two pipes going to underneath the sink, to the waste?

I have attached photos, and think the only way of unblocking any food in the waste (which maybe giving the Error code) is to un-attach from sink and pump water through the pipe and back into the dishwasher? then mop it out from the DW directly?

It was originally full of water in the bottom sitting there, but now its ok after clearing it out manually.

From the pictures below, I have a single pipe and another pipe with the attachment on? Not sure which is which and which one is the waste pipe? (that maybe blocked?)

Thanks for any help :

waste1.JPG waste2.JPG waste3.JPG

Hope this makes some sense, and any solutions would be most welcome..

Tried to clean my machine today, was "impossible" to get all the grease of. But after 4h off cleaning i could see that is was letting water pass thru the "pipe".

started it up, but after 45min E15 came up again.... this time a did the tilt trick = works fine ... but only one cycle.

This is how i did:

View attachment 103247View attachment 103250
tried too push the greas out with air and a smal hose, workd fine on the loose black particels.

View attachment 103252
this was my best way of cleaning, water from oneway and vaccum cleaner pulling from the other end.

View attachment 103248

finish!
T SWEEDEN - was it hard to get the plastic panel that that the water flows through off? the bit that you had to clean?

REALLY SIMPLE SOLUTION: I just had an engineer around to solve this problem. He said 95% of the times you just have to tighten two plastic "round things connected to a water supply" (excuse my technical language). As the machine gets hot they tend to unscrew themselves over time. The location of them on my machine is to the far back less than half way up (the big one to the back in my photo) on the left side. The little one centred on the bottom needs a twist too. If that doesn't help try to check if any of the bottom plastic "thingies" e.g. bottom of salt lid etc. Any thing round basically has a tendency to come loose due to the temperature expansion of the materials, and the loosening causs a small or big flood on the bottom of the machine signalling the E15 fault and the pump keeps going.

Sponsored Links
Tried the suggested turn off for 2 hours then pressed reset button for 20 seconds, but this did not work. Tried the tilt forward (with some difficulty getting the built-in appliance forward sufficiently) but this did work! Thanks to those who suggested this action. After 3 months I got the same problem again, but this time I did not try to get the appliance out of the housing - I merely lowered the front legs as far as I could, tilting the appliance somewhat (after removing the top retaining screws) then switched on again and - hey presto - the fault message had disappeared and I was able to use the machine again! I have used one of the dishwasher cleaners and hope that that this may reduce any grease that may have contributed to the problem. Hope this works for you.

Hi, I had a similar problem, E15 with tap flashing, on my Siemens IQ 500 dishwasher . This is caused usually by water in the base of machine , not inside washing part but underneath where electrics etc. are. There is a little well/sump in floor and any water which may leak from anywhere in machine collects in this sump. This sump is like a little cup and inside it (in my case, but not all cases) there is a polystyrene disc which acts as a float . When water lifts this float it causes sensor to activate, hence the E15 and dripping tap symbol.
When you tilt machine the water escapes and sensor deactivates and your machine will start again.
Sometimes the water in this sump may have spilled in from somewhere else and in this case when you displace the water your machine will stay working but if you have a leak in your machine the sump will fill again and cause E 15 fault to reoccur.

If this is the case you will have to check all water fittings etc for leak.

In my situation when I tilted machine (backwards , and all the way to the floor) no water came out but instead little beads of polystyrene fell onto the floor. This was I discovered the work of a little 'visitor' who had chewed on the float and dislodged it causing the sensor to kick in.

My machine is now back in working order and my visitor has left the building !

I hope this is of help to someone.

Hi, I'm glad I found this forum! We're having a new kitchen fitted in a few weeks and we'd had to ask to have our included new Siemens dishwasher installed early, as our old Bosch one had broken down. All has been going well for a month, very pleased with it, until we had a leak in the pipe to our sink and the turning off of the water caused this E15 / red flashing tap error message. The red tap symbol doesn't appear to be mentioned in any Siemens documentation, and the E15 message apparently relates to "water protection system activated" - again not referred to anywhere! So I tried everything else, as mentioned above, and sure enough the tilting thing worked, after some difficulty undoing the feet, and trying to level the machine up again and pushing it back resulted in the error again! So it's currently working, but at a funny angle until the kitchen fitters have a look. :)

People thanks for the advise for the E15 error with the tap flashing. I did everything without success. in the end I pulled the machine out with difficulty.
Mine is a built-in. By the way whoever calls himself the engineer did a lot of shoddy work all hidden in the furniture.
Anyway all I had to do to get it working again was to tilt it towards me.
You are better than the producers guys. Cheeeeeeeers

It's amazing! Finally it worked!
I spent the whole day having fun with the dishwasher. I tried everything including almost total disassembling, cleaning everything, reading many manuals...
But the only thing I had to do is to fuc**ng tilt it!
God bless you for the tip!

Last edited:
I started with error 21 then 24 and finally 15. Tilting worked for me too, however I needed to tilt to each side as well until I saw little pools of water on the floor. Just tilting it forward wasn’t enough. Then I did a power cycle and it worked.

Big thank you to all of you. Seems to me more 'practical' class of contributors here compared to other sites. problem solved.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back