Siemens fridge freezer, freezer not getting cold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a Siemens fridge freezer that has a digital display with separate temperature control for the fridge and freezer.
The fridge is working fine but the freezer isn't getting cold and the alarm is going off for the freezer.
this all started after my niece left the freezer door open.
It only has one compressor and it looks to have a three way valve for diverting the refrigerant between the fridge and freezer, so because the fridge is working ok this indicates that it hasn't got a refrigerant leak.
When I open and close the freezer door the fan in the freezer works for about 5 seconds and then turns off, so this is working although I am not sure how long it should run for.
I have turned it off for 48 hours then turned it back on, I pressed the super button and set the temp to -18 but it only gets down to about 2 degrees C.
The evaporater coils inside the freezer are Coleen and not iced up.
The fridge freezer is in my conservatory attached to the house so is at outside air temperature, I understand that they shouldn't be placed in cold rooms as this can stop them getting cold but it was fine in there until the door was left open overnight.
Has any body got any ideas what else could be wrong with it. I am thinking along the lines of the little temp sensor in the freezer is faulty, has anyone got any resistance figures so I can test this with my multimeter. Or maybe the three way valve is sticking, any ideas how I can test this.
I was also wandering as it seems to be fully digital if there is a series of buttons I can press for it to run a diagnostic test and then give me a fault code. If so does anyone know how to run this test.
It is 4 years old but has only been used for two years.
Thanks in advance for any replies, I will put the model number on here when I get home if required.
Scott

Sponsored Links
Difficult to give you any detailed info without a model number. When you get home take the vegetable trays out of the fridge & look for a nameplate on one of the sides...post the E-number & FD number. Fridges/freezers shouldn't be sited outside of their ambient limits, these are stated in your user manual.

Hi thanks for the reply.
Yes I know you shouldn't put them where the ambient temperature is low, there isn't anywhere else for it to go. I am moving house in a week and intend to put it in the kitchen at my new place.

Here is the model numbers

E-Nr. KG32U193GB/09
FD. 8702 414561

Thanks Scott

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back