Siemens QAC34/101 sensor installed inside by tank

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi I would be very grateful
for any advice/info. I have discovered today that a heating engineer has installed what I think is an outside sensor for a combi boiler inside next to a hot water tank- don’t have a combi. I have no idea why this would be done or of any impacts on the system? Asked his colleague today, as my elderly friend is still having issues, what new devise was and he did not know. I looked up serial number. Cheers!

Sponsored Links
I have discovered today that a heating engineer has installed what I think is an outside sensor for a combi boiler
It is a weather compensation sensor, not just for a Combi boiler, and you are correct it must go outside, there are stipulations of where outside it should be installed, what it does is tell the CH controls what the weather is like outside and the controls adjust accordingly.

Could it be a qadxxxxxxxxxx ? as the second one is a cylinder sensor.

Capture.PNG

Thanks very much for your replies.
It’s the top picture - the outside sensor. At a loss why it would be fitted inside or what impact it would have? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Here’s a picture just in case I’m wrong!

Attachments

• DCDB2803-021A-4A0E-80BA-33D43CDB890E.jpeg
    DCDB2803-021A-4A0E-80BA-33D43CDB890E.jpeg
    238.2 KB · Views: 94
No your right it is an outside sensor, ask the installer why its there, it should be interesting what he says.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back