Siemens RAA 22 Roomstat need help wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Baxi SOLO boiler in a y plan, have Honeywell programmer on the system but I need help to wire Siemens RAA 22 with 2 wire into it.
Can some one please help. I am stuck!!

Sponsored Links
Hello amki1 and welcome to the forum.

If the new Siemens roomstat is replacing an existing roomstat, it is the details of the existing roomstat and the wiring going to it that we will need not the programmer.

If you don't have a roomstat now, and wish to add one, then we will need more details of the Honeywell programmer. For example the model number, and a photo of the existing wiring going to its terminals would be useful.

Also, I can't find any details on a Siemens RAA 22, do you mean a RAA 20?

Hi stern
Thanks very much for your help.
The programer is Honeywell ST699B1002 White ST699 1 Day Classic Time Control Programmer
The wiring doesnt make sense and is a mess! But if helps I can take a picture and send it to you.
The Roomstat as you rightly said is Siemens RAA 20 and has two wire going into it.
I hope you can help and once again thanks.

It shouldn't be too difficult, but you worry me a bit by saying the wiring is a mess!

Do you have an existing room thermostat? If you do, it is a photo of the wiring connections to that we need.

Sponsored Links
Hi stern,
Thanks for coming back to me.

What I meant about the wiring is hat they are not numbered so it wouldn't make sense to go by numbers or by photo. I can send you the picture if that helps.
This is a new room stat so there Is no old one to show you the wiring.

Hi doitall
Thanks mate,

Is that the wiring in the ironing cupboard or the box downstairs by the boiler which one shall I do?

In the cylinder cupboard normally somewhere near the Motorized valve.

If you have a Y plan you should have a room stat to go with the valve above.

Hi doitall,

Yes I have a Y plan with the Honeywell programer but as you know trying to connect a Siemens RAA 20 Roomstat to it.

Just need the wiring as this is a 2 wire room stat. I know it seems to be easier but excuse my ignorancy!

Thats why you need to post the pics showing the existing.

As there isn't an existing room thermostat, for you to DIY install one, the easiest way would probably be via the programmer. Below is a sketch showing how to incorporate it. The other wires are not shown as you don't need to alter them.

Hi Stem,

Many many any thanks for your help you are a life saver.

I can see the wire going to the programmer but can not see where the other wire going the writing is not clear, I do appreciate if you could send it again to see if is more clearer.

Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back