Siemens RAA 22 Roomstat need help wiring

amki1 said:
I can see the wire going to the programmer but can not see where the other wire going the writing is not clear, I do appreciate if you could send it again to see if is more clearer.
As requested here's a drawing showing where it goes, I'm not sure how it will help you though.

Sponsored Links
If you want a full diagram of the Y plan you can find one by clicking here. But you shouldn't need it. To add a new room thermostat, like I said earlier, you only need to move one wire. The others stay as they are.

Please note that the thermostat terminal markings on the Y plan diagram linked above, do not correspond to the model that you have. Use L and Y1 as per my diagram. You do not need the neutral either.

Hi Stem,
I have connected the roomstat. Although it says two wire roomstat. But it has L , Y1 and Y2! So it doesn't ma,ke sense.

Can the synchroniser of motorised valve be faulty?

Please help?!

Hi Stem,

I have connected the L to no 3 on the programmer and Y1to the white wire on motorised valve but doesn't work!

Please help!

Sponsored Links
Although it says two wire roomstat. But it has L , Y1 and Y2! So it doesn't make sense.
Yes it does, because you are only using two wires (L and Y1) The other terminal is there so the thermostat can be used with a cooling system. but you would still only use two of them.

Can the synchroniser of motorised valve be faulty
I'm assuming you mean the sychronised motor. Possibly, but it's a bit coincidental it fails the very moment you install a new thermostat.

Hi Stem,

I have connected the L to no 3 on the programmer and Y1to the white wire on motorised valve but doesn't work!

Please help!
Disconnect the wires from the thermostat and put the wire back to terminal 3 as it was before and tell us what happens. Does it work then?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back