siemens RDJ10RF connection wiring

rjl

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,can anyone help please.ive bought a siemens rdj10rf wireless programmable thermostat but i dont understand diagramm for installation.
it is been installed to a baxi combi boiler, 105 he.can anyone advise please.

Sponsored Links
thanks for the info,but...i understand what you are explaining but aaccording to the boiler manual i need to remove link wire between 1 and 2.the 230v supply at terminal 1 must be connected to the external control.the switched output from the external control must be connected to terminal 2.
the terminals inside boiler are as follows-
LIVE
NEUTRAL
EARTH
It says live,neutral and earth are fused supply 3a 230v - 50Hz
1 and 2 presently have a wire linking the two together.

Are you saying that the live and neutral going to the programer have to be from eg the spur for the boiler.i thought that when it says it is volt free that you only needed to wire the programer to the boiler.is this so or have i got this wrong.
sorry for been a pain but hope you can help.

Live and neutral connect to L and N on the thermostat

The wire link between 1 & 2 is removed, and the thermostat is connected between 1 and 2 instead.

• Thanks
Reactions: rjl
Sponsored Links
so,is it :- live in the boiler to live on the thermostat reciever.
neutral in the boiler to neutral on the thermostat reciever
so which go to 1 and 2 on the boiler ?
the reciever has L1 = N.O CALL FOR HEAT (ON)
LX = COMMON
L2 = N.C HEATING SATISFIED (OFF)
THE INSTRUCTIONS ALSO STATE ... VOLT FREE CONTACTS.
L2 Not normally used for 240 v switching link L and LX.
l Need someone to please confirm which go where please.thanks

No.the boiler was installed about 6 months ago.we had a tower wireless thermostat fitted but was faulty so it was removed.we operate the hot water and c/h from controls on the boiler.there is no timer fitted either.we just switch on and off when required.this is why i have bought a new programable thermostat.thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back