Trying to wire a Siemens wireless thermostat, please help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to replace a Danfoss 102e5 central heating control that annoyingly does not have a thermostat with a Siemens RDJ10RF wireless thermostat and C/H control. The connections on the Danfoss look like this (I know there is a loose earth wire i took this just as i started to disconnect it)
And the siemens connections look like this
. Now I have tried wiring the main live to L, connected L to LX, the boiler live to L1 and the central heating pump Live to L2, then all three blue leads to neutral N, and earthed all three earth leads. Can anyone see where I am going wrong because the heating does not come on but the boiler does sometimes but not always when the thermostat is calling for heat? Any help would be really appreciated. I have a potterton Kingfisher cf50 boiler if that makes any difference?

Sponsored Links
The symbols on your pic 3 of the new stat give the impression that L1 & L2 are switched at different times( day & night ) rather than being heating & hot water connections. Could it be that you don't have the correct stat for your system. The plumbing/heating section may give more advice if no one here has experience of that model.

You can't replace the 102e5 with the RDJ10 because you then have no way of controlling the HW circuit. The RDJ10 is programmable only for room temperature. You need to leave the HW output connected to the 102e5 (terminal 1) then connect the RDJ10 to the CH output. Take the wire from Terminal 2 and connect to L1 on the RDJ10, then connect Terminal 2 to LX on the RDJ10. You have then placed the thermostat circuit in the CH control circuit.

yup, that controller is for heat only, usually used for combi boilers.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back