Siemens RDJ10RF Vaillant ecotec pro24 boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I hope someone can help us.

We have a Vaillant ecotec pro24 and Siemens digital wireless thermostat system.

The boiler is currently working when placed in override (we currently can’t get the wireless handset to turn on the boiler or press override on the unit next to the boiler) and we have got hot water so that seems to be ok but the boiler and RDJ10RF don’t seem to be working together.

The RDJ10RF has a green light on the unit next to the boiler but won’t work when we try to turn on the heating from the wireless handset. I have changed the batteries on the hand unit and I have done the connection routine between the two about 10 times even though the LED is always showing green which should indicate a good signal. Also the boilers pressure is ok and no fault codes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, many many thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Hi Louisa,

It could be that the receiver is goosed. However before we write it off, firstly where’s the handset located (free or on the wall?). Secondly does anything happen when you turn the knob on handset?

Edit:

You could take the backplate if it has one off the handset, press the learn button, and learn on the receiver, turn knob on handset up and down and should pair up.

Last edited:
Many thanks i’ll Try this we’ve got a remote wireless thermostat and the receiver is next to the boiler in the cupboard

when we turn the knob on the handset it changes the temperature and seems to do what we ask but doesn’t link up to the boiler

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi tried what you suggested with pressing learn on both sets, we hadn’t done that before but the video you attached I’d already tried several times before but it still isn’t paired up. It’s very weird as all lights are showing it’s working, no fault codes and the boiler is working manually but no link.

Do you think there is anything else we could do?

Many thanks

Hi tried what you suggested with pressing learn on both sets, we hadn’t done that before but the video you attached I’d already tried several times before but it still isn’t paired up. It’s very weird as all lights are showing it’s working, no fault codes and the boiler is working manually but no link.

Do you think there is anything else we could do?

Many thanks

I’m not sure there is, if the receiver is goosed, no amount of pairing will solve it. Just to be certain are you using Alkaline batteries? These are recommended by Siemens.

Hello Yes they were alkaline ones, I’ve changed them again and still no good. We’ve been operating the boiler manually as the override button on the receiver is not always working. I’ve been pressing the +\- together but we’re only getting 20 minutes of hearing at a time, is there another way to manually operate the boiler to get longer periods of heating until we get the receiver sorted? Many thanks for your help

Hello Yes they were alkaline ones, I’ve changed them again and still no good. We’ve been operating the boiler manually as the override button on the receiver is not always working. I’ve been pressing the +\- together but we’re only getting 20 minutes of hearing at a time, is there another way to manually operate the boiler to get longer periods of heating until we get the receiver sorted? Many thanks for your help

Hi Louisa,

The +/- is chimney sweep mode, which will operate at it’s maximum until it reaches temperature, which will explain why you only get 20 mins of heat. To manually operate the boiler would need a link between the pins on the pcb (inside the boiler) but you would need a gas safe engineer to sort that. What may work as I’ve never tried it is to link the 2 contacts in the receiver, and just operate the on/off on the time clock.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back