Siemens RWB9 + unvented megaflo/ heating questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am buying a flat that I am hoping to move into soon. It is was built in about 2004 so hopefully its not a bodge plumbing/ wiring job.

It has a Siemens RSB9 that is controlling both the Heatrae Megaflo (Model DD170) and various electric heaters in each room of that flat. I can see no other timer or time clocks.

I had assumed given it has the above immersion that they are using off peak electricity but I can see no other timer and assuming both elements are wired in I am not sure how it can work? Unless there is a manual switch in the cupboard for one the elements that would seem odd?!

Also, in the user manual for the Siemens RSB9 it says at the top 'not suitable for control of immersion heaters'?

I am also concerned it is controlling 5 electric heaters around the flat?!

The manual says:
Contact rating 6A (resistive) 2A (inductive). Total switching 10 amps

Hope some of you can help me out on this!

Thanks

Stuart

Sponsored Links
Perhaps the sparky forum (electrics) can help you better, not sure this is the best place for your post. As to your cylinder, there's nothing stopping you from installing independent timed control for the immersion heaters. Have you checked everything works?

Not moved in yet but assume everything works!

I have looked again though and only the bottom element of the unvented tank is wired in - I presume to the Siemens RSB9.

On the manual for the timer though it says not suitable for control of immersion heaters?

Not moved in yet but assume everything works!

I have looked again though and only the bottom element of the unvented tank is wired in - I presume to the Siemens RSB9.

On the manual for the timer though it says not suitable for control of immersion heaters?

Its not suitable for direct control, but it may be switching a contactor
some photos of the set up would be useful

Matt

Sponsored Links
Here is a photo... probably doesn't tell you much.

How is a contactor wired in? It does make a clunk when the heating/ hot water is turned on...

Buried behind the wall somewhere? Or could it be what looks like that fused spur thingy?!

Buried behind the wall somewhere? Or could it be what looks like that fused spur thingy?!

It won't be buried in the wall
It's more than likely fitted in the what looks like a consumer unit at the top of your pic

Matt

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back