Siemens SE65E332GB/10 not emptying

ruf

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

The dishwasher is just over 2 years old. Last night after it had been started, I became aware of a loud continuous buzzing sound from it. The machine was still full of water when I checked. The check water light was lit.

This morning I emptied the machine, checked the waste hose which was clear and then removed the filters and checked the inner compartment of the pump. I couldn't see, any thing jamming the pump. At first it felt like something was as I couldn't turn it all However it then did turn. I switched it back on and the check water light had extinguished.

I set the machine off and it started at first but then started making a buzzing sound part way through the cycle. It went through the cycle and then started making the buzzing sound again. On checking at the end of the cycle - the end programme light was illuminated but the machine was still full of water. I touched the float head in the bottom and the buzzing started immediately.

Is it the pump that has failed - if so how do I get at it?

Sponsored Links
Easiest way to get at the pump is lie the machine on its back & remove the baseplate. Alternatively you can access it via a removable cover LH side under the door (in which case it is best to remove the outer door in order to get more room to work). The pump is twist fitted on the sump (release the locking tag first). Chances are it is nothing more than a piece of glass or similar jamming the impellor. This is the pump http://www.espares.co.uk/part/dishwashers/bosch/p/1083/856/0/0/503469/dishwasher-drain-pump.html

• Thanks
Reactions: ruf
Took 4 attempts using the prewash program before I could get hold of a tiny piece of glass that was stuck under the pump impellor using tweezers.

Now working again

Many thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back