signage on van y/n

A

angelf

Query/advice is it better to have my van signaged or not? On the one hand I thought it would bring me in more work (advert etc) on the other hand I am worried that it might in vite higher insurance premiums and or vehicle/tool based crime. What do u think?

Sponsored Links
Have you considered using magnetic signs?? Take them off at night and put in the back of the van??

the answer is yes. it may get you work, but mainly by indirect means. I:E people see your van subconsiously take in the name, then a few weeks pass and their boiler goes wrong so they look up on the net for a plumber or gasman see your name in the list and for some reason unknown to them they pick you.

the answer is no. it advertises to criminals what is likely to be in your van. you drive along minding your own and for a second you speed, or you turn a corner without indicating and lo and behold some twot is on the phone to complain " your driver did this, your driver did that" when in fact you haven't, it's just their bad day attitude.

so you make your choice

i chose not to have it after a couple of years of ****s on the phone!!

thanks for the advice. Magnetic stickers would be great but would d******ds not play around with those magnetic letters or pinch a few like little kiddies do with alphabet magnetic letters on the fridge freezer?

Sponsored Links
yes sorry I realised that after I had posted a thanks to u. Doh!

I currently have my van sign written and would recommend it for a new business. When I was touting for new customers they liked it as it looked more professional, and very occasionally passers by would ask for a card.

That said I am always worried about having my tools stolen, and the local tip won't let sign written vehicles in (even if you are genuinely only getting rid of your own stuff), so when I get my new van I won't be bothering.

definetly yes. Mine is sign written. lost count of the amount of leads it brings me. Its parked in teh street when doing work as a big advert, and all the time you are driving around people remember it.

If youre vans going to get broken into it will happen, regardless of wether its signwritten

two people stopped me today when unloading and asked for cards.

Yes, metallic signs..... They are excellent when cut up & put in little containers for keeping fishing flies sorted :D

had my van sign written for 3 years now, and only ever had 2 phone calls from it. and 1 of them was to complain about where i'de parked whilst offloading

it advertises to criminals what is likely to be in your van. you drive along minding your own and for a second you speed, or you turn a corner without indicating and lo and behold some twot is on the phone to complain " your driver did this, your driver did that" when in fact you haven't, it's just their bad day attitude.

so you make your choice

i chose not to have it after a couple of years of ****s on the phone!!

What? lol. Drive properly and they won't call :)

Any form of advertising is good advertising. The longer your van sits outside a customers house the more chance of the neighbours noting down the details.

Co-incidentally, we sold a huge fascia order yesterday, the customer got the details from the van parked in Morrisons car park on Sunday afternoon. This also dropped the fitter in the sheite, as he wasn't supposed to use the van. However I didn't mind in this particular case :oops: :cool:

I have just had my van sign writen so i will let you know if it helps, also have had a web site just built so will see if that does any good as well.
Apart from that i havnt advertised, just word of mouth, just thought i would help the wpord travel abit!

Cheers
Dave

Sponsored Links
Back