signing off jobs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a friend who does wiring as part of his job in kitchens. he then gets a niceic approved contractor to go around to his jobs and test them and sign them off. can u confirm that this is wrong. he has said that he does the wiring under the sparkys umbrella.i said that as he is the contractor, then technically the sparky is working for him.

Sponsored Links
It probably is a little bit naughty, it will be the NICEIC contractors head on the block if he has signed a 1 part EIC form to say he has Designed, Installed and Tested the installation and something should go wrong. Afiak NICEIC contractors are not supposed to issue NICEIC certs for anyone elses work too??

I do it quite often but only when I specify what's required, inspect 1st fix and carry out 2nd fix and test.

My old firm were threatened with expulsion from NICEIC for exactly this. They don't like it!!

Sponsored Links
My mate has never bothered to get a driving licence, but he reckons he's a good driver. Is it okay for him to use mine if he gets stopped? ;)

NO because if he has an accident you will ne liable for it as you have gave him your driving lisence.

as a matter of interest, we use a company called power service who are based in potters bar to sign off our extensions, etc. these are the people the local building control offices employ. we are doing a job at the moment but i need to employ their services directly. could some of you shed some light on why this is accepted, but using an nic guy is not. thanks in advance, bondy.

http://www.thepowerservice.co.uk/

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back