Sika Pave Fix compound

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to fill/level an old sunken fireplace hearth in our living room ready for a carpet to be fitted in there this week. I was about to purchase some self levelling compound when my father insisted on using some old Sika Pave Fix compound he had lying around saying "it'll do the job". It has filled the hole and levelled the floor but the chemical smell is very strong and I'm now worried it shouldn't be used in unventilated areas. There's no information on the product sheet about use indoors and I was wondering if anyone had any knowledge on this please? Cheers

Sponsored Links
https://travisperkins.scene7.com/is/content/travisperkins/E0184_654248_COSHH_0

The MSDS says nothing about interior use, which is not surprising given that it is intended for exterior use.

If you are particularly concerned then phone Everbuild.

I assume that it is a two part product, with one part being a catalyst which chemically produces heat to help it cure.

If so, I would expect the smell to disappear in a handful of hours (when the product has fully hardened). My advice is to go to the pub for a while or just open the windows.

That said, I am basing my reply on my own experience of using 2 pack products. I have never used that particular product.
I use a lot of 2 pack fillers (both polyester and epoxy resin). They stink until they harden, after that the smell goes.

Used some in my front garden , after a year had dried out, shrunk and crumbled to dust .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back