sikadur 32

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
anyone any experience with it ive got to use it soon and im reading the tech sheet for it and it says to clean tools with sika thinner c but the guy hasent bought me any, ive asked him for some before and he still hasent got any and i dnt think he intends to, my question is will i be alright cleaning tools in water provideing i do it as soon as ive finishd with them.
also i know how to knock it up and that but can i mix it in a plastic bucket or do we need something metal.
ive done miles of damp work before but never had to use this stuff.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
You may be able to clean your gear with warm soapy water . haven't used the stuff but if it is oil or grease based then it might work. Or buy some cheap tools and throw away after.. ;)

its a basement when they damp proofed it they put the electics on first without a scratch coat then renderd around them and as a result the water has come in behind the boxes wicked into the plaster and knackerd it.
he is determined not to have the old render taken off despite my advice to take it off, but he did take the plaster off it wasnt very well bonded at all.
were goin to skia one the old box holes, then we need the sikadur 32 to bond the new render coat to the old one, then thers 3 or4 coats of sand and cement with sika1, then 2 coats of sika slurry with a 2 mm notch key, then finally skim to a finish.
its a bit over kill but this is what the spec sheet for the job says need to be done

Hi, used to use this and similar when tanking , but quite a few years ago.

Water is no good (you are using a w/proofing product so you will need thinners.

I imagine petrol will do or white spirit it would be worth a try for cost purposes but try BEFORE you need to use it. I always used the thinners as per spec , so don't know ( I was BS audited so all by the book, even sieving the sand and cement together with a 3mm riddle before mixing) .

Be warned , the sikadur thinner on your hands will sting like ******. I'm serious about this, so use gloves when using the product so that you don't need to clean your hands. I'm not joking about this. (I do have a story about this which I will bore you with some other time.)

It's hard to use latex/rubber gloves because they stick together when using the stuff. So if you have these, you need plenty of them.

We used this with the polymer band to seal around services. Also 'Igas' with primer( I preferred this as you could mould it to shape better - but afraid not up to speed with these specs now.

cheers mic i diddnt think you could clean in water but i was clutching at straws im fed up of asking for the thinners and not gettting them.
what about mixing in a plastic bucket or will it eat that aswell.
ive used different systems loads of times before but this it the most amount of products and layers ive ever had to put on

It won't eat the bucket, (presume you mean thinners?) but you'll struggle to clean it , and only if you clean it when it's fresh.

Like I say, never tried petrol or spirit so do wonder if their brand is just to make cash

no i ment the sika dur if i pour the required amounts into a plastic builders bucket to mix it will it eat the bucket or do i need a metal one??.
i havent opened the metal tin it comes in yet so im not sureif theres enough room to mix it in the container or if i need to pour it out to use, im guessing once its mixed in order to get in on the wall im goin to have to pour it into a roller tray but again i would have thought it will eat the plastic tray.
i would ahve thought i will need a metal bucket and a metal roller tray how did you mix and apply it mic i mean i know how to but i just wannna know from someone whos experianced

If it's 2 part stuff it'll be an epoxy type thing. U can mix it in plastic but you'll never get it clean so use a cheapo.

Again, may have changed but IIRC we used to knock it up in it's own container - as joe says , adding the 'part 2' in with it from a smaller tin.

did it today it was fine alot thicker that i thought, and it has to be pretty much gone off but still tacky to render onto, but yeah it came out fine guys got the sikadur on and the first 2 scratch coats (its got to be built out quite alot)
also i made a step out of sika one and ballast/cement which needed sikadur-ing beofre hand aswell.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back