Silicone Leaching into Emulsion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

In the past I've found a lot of solutions to problems on here, much appreciated. This is my first post. I've just finished installing a sink, behind it is emulsion paint. I applied silicone sealant around it which seems to have leached into the paint behind. It's not water from the taps, doubled checked and I tried painting over the dark patch but it came back through quickly.

I didn't realised silicone did this, I've used it without problems before. Should I have coated the wall with PVA first?. Any advice on how to sort it please?

thanks

20160204_181927[1].jpg

Sponsored Links
Can't say I have ever had a problem on the odd occasion (maybe around a window) where I have siliconed up to paint, what product did you use?
Best solution I can suggest is the standard one, a splashback of tiles because that paint will be a proper mess after some soap and hand grime has been splashed up the wall.

Thanks for that. I'm not sure what make it was, I think I finished it and chucked it out. I was thinking of putting tiles up it will look better in the long run. Cheers P

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back