Silicone on coat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there I have silicone on my puffer jacket. What product would be best to remove it? Should I try vanish powder?

Sponsored Links
I'd ditch the puffer and get something more stylish.

No, vanish wont make silicone vanish. There are silicone removal gels, but what they would do to the material, let us know.

Either way, you will be getting rid of the jacket, so I would try a silicone softening and removal agent and see what happens. Once you have scraped off the agent, wash the jacket immediately and air-dry.

Bon chance.

It won't be easy and it wont be as good as new and most likely cause some damage

Freeze it and scrape it off - but as its a puffa jacket my feelings are it will get damaged.

Sponsored Links
I want to keep the jacket. Its not too major the stains, I have scraped some parts of, the residue is still left

If it's just the residue left, 'wonder wipes' or similar from builders merchants are pretty pretty good at removing silicone.

I'd ditch the puffer and get something more stylish.

No, vanish wont make silicone vanish. There are silicone removal gels, but what they would do to the material, let us know.
silicone removal gels are about as useful as covid vaccines.

Scrape off as much as you can with fingernails (that's when the cost of wife's nails comes useful)
Then colour whatever is left with a sharpie.

Sponsored Links
Back