silicone profiling tool for 2mm?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The company who fitted my kitchen worktops achieved a beautiful, seamless, 45 degree sealant profile with 2mm edge.

a quick close up pic

20180224_112624_pic.jpg

I recently fitted my splashbacks and now want to create a continuation of the same profile where the splashbacks meet the worktop.

I have used a Fugi kit in my bathrooms but they don't have such a small profile.
Just wondering what they used, tape would have left lipping and fingers with tape would be tricky to get such perfect lines. Perhaps a bespoke tool? :)

Sponsored Links
I find the tools are nice in theory but can get messy and smear a film over the adjacent surface and a bit of a faff
I’d say the finish in the pic could easily be finger on an already very neat bead from the gun, with or without tape, which shouldn’t leave a lip if you get it spot on with your finger and the right size bead

An old bank card, carefully cut the corner off to the profile you require using sharp scissors, smooth off the edge with a fine paper.

Sponsored Links
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back