silicone use on roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm new and my first post so don't know where to start from.

We had two small pieces, about an inch and two inch that had come off the roof (roof is asphalt?) so my neighbour helped out and we cleaned, put back two small pieces and used glue silicone (clear colour) to seal it. Then we laid an artificial grass on top, decorated etc.

My question is if below flat would have leaks, I know it's not standard practice but I heard from couple of guys, one being a roofer, they said you could use silicone etc. How guaranteed is that not to leak? Thank you

Regards,

Sponsored Links
Has the roof been designed with foot traffic in mind ? If not why the faux grass?

Has the roof been designed with foot traffic in mind ? If not why the faux grass?

Sorry a bit technical for me, what do you mean foot traffic? Some neighbours have set up garden on their roof (It's and extension and top floors have only access to that, that is first floor roof)

Sorry a bit technical for me, what do you mean foot traffic? Some neighbours have set up garden on their roof (It's and extension and top floors have only access to that, that is first floor roof)
Was referring to your roof or is the repair to a neighbours?

Sponsored Links
FeelingS mutual , very muddled post, why reference your neighbours property ?

I'm sorry? What are you on about? I bloody said it's our property !! Useless site, Admin please delete my profile, what kind of site is this !!

You said “Some neighbours have set up garden on their roof “
How is that relevant ?

shiewen55, it may leak it may not.
it depends.

first it's not guaranteed to not leak.
2nd it will deteriorate over time especially if in the sunlight.

What foxhole is trying to get at is that you confused him by mentioning irrelevant things the neighbours have done.

To reiterate what he is asking and why, are you expecting to be able to walk on this roof now?
If so then this is not a good repair and yes it will eventually leak (sooner than later) as the roof and the repair are not designed for foot traffic (people walking on it).

To repair it so that it does not leak you wold have been better using a black mastic suitable for use with asphalt.

I'm sorry? What are you on about? I bloody said it's our property !! Useless site, Admin please delete my profile, what kind of site is this !!
You should have seen it when ree/Vinn/ bobasd was here. :ROFLMAO:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back