Silly Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking at Rehau windows, when they talk about their 60mm or 70mm windows, what dimension are they referring too?

Sponsored Links
The thickness, Inside to outside

I'm looking at some online sites, if you had a choice between

Rehau Tritec (60mm i think)
Rehau 706 (70mm)
Duraflex

Why would i choose 60mm over 70mm, is it just to match existing? Are the Duraflex any good? Duraflex seem most expensive, but only by a little, so wondering what if any benefits they offer

I also saw on another site, it says for the rehau windows "Available in Slimline 52mm, medium 62mm or 75mm outer frame", i'm guessing this refers to the profile width? Is this again just to match existing, as i can't imagine many people choosing chunkier plastic? Cheers

Rehau S706 all day long if duraflex is the other choice

Also a 70mm window will be designed to take a 28mm dgu, the 60 might only allow room for a 24mm, still meets regs mind but a 28mm is by far better, you would also need to question the u value of a 60mm profile too, might not have enough chambers to reach a high enough value?

Sponsored Links
Depending on the supplier, both the 60 and 70mm should come with 28mm units.
The slim outer frame enables you to improve the energy performance of the window.... Less frame/more glass = better efficiency
There are other ways to reach a,b or c rating ie frame thickness, glass and reinforcement type. Explaining energy ratings to customers isn't easy
http://www.astrasealdownloads.com/files/EnergyRatedBrochure.pdf

Performance wise they're near enough the same, looks wise I'd go for TRITEC, overall the 70mm wins, just feels stronger, especially the doors compared to the 60mm

Depending on the supplier, both the 60 and 70mm should come with 28mm units.
The slim outer frame enables you to improve the energy performance of the window.... Less frame/more glass = better efficiency
There are other ways to reach a,b or c rating ie frame thickness, glass and reinforcement type. Explaining energy ratings to customers isn't easy
http://www.astrasealdownloads.com/files/EnergyRatedBrochure.pdf

Performance wise they're near enough the same, looks wise I'd go for TRITEC, overall the 70mm wins, just feels stronger, especially the doors compared to the 60mm

Is it only the 60mm that is Tritec, or can you get both 60 and 70 as Tritec? I looked on Rehau website, and the 70mm appears to be called TOTAL...?

60mm is the tritec
70mm is s706
Total 70 is also 70mm but has more chambers within the profile, this improves the energy rating, as I said before it can be complicated :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back