SIME 100E Start up Sequence Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone out there tell me the “boot up” or start up sequence of the SIME 100 E.
Recently fails to start up and the red light comes on. I think the orange light has come on sometimes. I can restart with the control knob and it could work OK for hours. When in the faulty mood I have sat by it, listening, to figure out which message is not getting to control panel. Just when I get my test meter out it starts working. Very frustrating. Helpful comments appreciated.
Flounder

Sponsored Links
If this fault is intermittent, I would first suggest a new PCB board. I had this problem and when I changed the board it was OK. ;) ;)

Thank you Racket.
Sorry about the delay in replying. Thought I would do a classic resoldering job on the PC.! To my amazement it then worked for about two days then back to intermittency. I would really like to find the fault as I suspect that it is external to the PC. All the switches in the flame box area. Fan atmosphere, heat exchanger thermostat work ok. I am not sure how the ionization probe can be tested. When the control knob is turned there is a relay operation, and the fire up sequence starts, most times ok. And will run for hours.
Still have not found a circuit diagram

I might lash out and buy a new panel in the end. I would appreciate advice on a supplier and cost of same.

Regards Flounder

I might lash out and buy a new panel in the end.

What do you mean "in the end" !!! You haven't done anything diagnostic yet!!!

Thats's a bit like buying a new engine because your car won't always start. :rolleyes:

You clearly don't know enough to be going in there. Get it serviced by a boiler engineer.

Sponsored Links
Probably down to ignition pcb that plugs on to the gas valve. A blue or red box, but beware if you try to replace it as they cost over £100 and other things could cause it to blow also if you get the wrong one by mistake it could leave your limit stat out of line which is very dangerous.
Here's a link that should help you purely in your quest in understanding the problem.
http://portale.sime.it/wps/myportal
but I must re-iterate about getting an engineer to do the work cos it's illegal to do it yourself and I don't want you blaming me if it all goes Pete tong

Thank you chrisR

You clearly don’t know anything about my diagnostic capability. You probably would not know the difference between Murphy’s Law and Boyles Law, a poke and hope PC change this and that service engineer. Grow up and stop flaming.
A positive contribution would be appreciated.

A thank you to other helpers.

A) Because it is intermittent and I don't like poke and hope.
B) I though it might be a classic fault.
C) I did not realise there were comedians looking in :evil:

kev "if you are that good why post on here then". Perhaps you would be better answerering you own question :LOL:

Sorry about that link not working
I never checked it till U said the following link should take you to the best info I can get right now >> cant see any differences between that and a boiler like yours that I fixed recently with the same problem. In that case it was the blue boxed ignition board on the gas valve [blue = sit, red = honeywell]
http://portale.sime.it/jportal/cont...f?azioneprossima=16&role=4&id_extension=59607

You also could try http://portale.sime.it and navigate to it :-

Pick your flag /technical docs/Instruction manuals/wall hung boilers/
Format Technyl manual or
Format manual/GB

If you do change it read the part number carefully the one I changed was 6210203 with a code 0.503.602
If perchance you do find out what goes on these pcb's could you let me know, I have one that I might be able to fix and use for testing

Theres the rope m8, its up to you whether you can use it to swing through the trees or hang yourself.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back