Sime Boiler start up!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anybody tell me why my boiler just starts itself up randomly. I have an Sime Ecomfort plus 30HE boiler and a Salus remote controller. However even with the remote control switched off and on warm or cold days my boiler just starts up and stays on. I am out at work all day and come home to a house which is like a sauna and the radiators ready to melt!
trouble is it is intermittent and if I call out the engineer it may not be happening? Any ideas, it's driving me mad and costing me a fortune.

:(

Sponsored Links
When you say with the remote control switched off, do you mean the wireless receiver on the wall (with on/off switch and x2 LED's) turned off? If so, the problem may be with the boiler or the wiring. If not, check that the green LED on the receiver is turned off when the heating is running when it shouldn't.

If you have no flame on the transmitter (give it about 15-30 minutes to be sure, depends on signal strength, etc.) and the green LED on the receiver is on, then the frequency needs to be changed.

Bear in mind that the batteries that come with the units last for approx 1 year, so, if this is the case, it may be worth changing the batteries in the transmitter. Sometimes the signal strength on these units can start falling before the low battery symbol appears.

I have been installing the Salus wireless controls for a few years now and rate them highly.

Hope this helps.

If when this happens the rads are hotter than usual then it sounds as though your domestic Hot water flow switch is sticking for some reason

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back