sime boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Sime boiler does not work at all, although there is power to it.
Fan does not run, no 240v to it. Suspect PCB board. but the boiler looks fairly new.
Any checks to be done before I buy a new PCB as it is expensive

Sponsored Links
Loads to check first..

You would be better of describing the exact fault as opposed to just no power to fan.

What happens when you turn a tap on?

You dont say what model sime?

al_krac said:
I have a Sime boiler does not work at all, although there is power to it.
Fan does not run, no 240v to it. Suspect PCB board. but the boiler looks fairly new.
Any checks to be done before I buy a new PCB as it is expensive

It is a SIME 90 combi I think!! It is not mine, a friends.
Nothing happens when u turn the hot water tap on.

Then it could be plenty of other things. Maybe its best to get some one to have a look at it. There isnt anymore i can tell you know without more info.

FWIW its probably not the circuit board.

Sponsored Links
rob884 said:
Then it could be plenty of other things. Maybe its best to get some one to have a look at it. There isnt anymore i can tell you know without more info.

Hey Rob, I think it is the PCB, as it needs to run the fan. It cannot possibly be anthing else now can it?????

al_krac said:
rob884 said:

Hey Rob, I think it is the PCB, as it needs to run the fan. It cannot possibly be anthing else now can it?????

If you say so...

Ill leave you to it but at least check it hasn't overheated or blown any internal fuses.

rob884 said:
al_krac said:
rob884 said:

If you say so...

Ill leave you to it but at least check it hasn't overheated or blown any internal fuses.

No it hasnt, verytin looks fine, tanks 4 ure concern anyways

rob is right, i don't know this boiler but it could be any number of things,
if you are so sure it is the P.C.B then why are you on here asking?

just remember that the P.C.B is non-refundable

I would also question why you are trying to repair a boiler for your friend when you are not CORGi registered.

Getting him to pay for a new PCB when its not the fault is not a very friendly thing to do !!!

Much better to get him to call a competent professional who identifies the real fault first.

Tony

My car won't go. Must be the engine mustn't it? It's what makes them go you know! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Is this the model that has a flow switch siliconed to the back of the pcb. If so then it must be the pcb :eek:

Don`t you just hate numpties who use text talk as if on their bloody mobiles when asking or replying to advise.Really pi$$es me off.

If they can`t be arsed making their posts legible then i cant be arsed replying.

oops, just posted reply.

god i`m thick,it`s bin a ****ty day,pooed off, goin pub ,gettin legless grrr, grrrr ,grrr

Paul

:LOL:

I also get very disappointed by anyone who is so lazy and disrespectful they use text talk.

If I ever had a job application in text then it would go straight in the bin !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back