Sime meridian he30 fully modulating or not?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, i am looking to fit a thermostatic shower valve with the sime boiler to replace a troublesome mixer shower valve. The new valve requires a fully modulating boiler. Do I have one?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Ian, thank you for my reply. I have just moved into the house, i think it has a standard mixer shower which is a nightmare to achieve a stable temp. Any slight movement on the handle and it goes from hot to cold and vice versa. The taps seem fine so I assume the boiler is o. K. Do you think this valve is likely to be faulty and a thermistatic is the answer. I have ordered a cooke and lewis lunda one in screwfix clearance for 50.00 as money is tight. Thanks again...

It shouldnt do that but cant say with any certainty what is causing it , do you have sink with a hot tap in the same room as your sime boiler ?

Sponsored Links
the mixer might have been fitted upside down. Post a photo of it and tell us if the incoming hot pipe is on the left or the right.

The boiler is in a bedroom hence theres no hot tap in the same room. Im going to fit the thermostatic one tonight so will check the hot is on the correct side. Thank you.
received_2286610924929006.jpeg

Thank you guys for your help. I changed it last night, hot was on the left, it worked perfect as well.
Cheers

In the last few months there have been a few issues with this boiler.
1. Central heating pressure keeps dropping with no evident leaks that I can see, unless it's under the floor downstairs
2. Hot temp at taps and shower fluctuating from hot to cold then back again. You can hear the boiler firing up and cutting out when this happens.

Are these two issues likely to be linked, and has anyone got any advise on what might be wrong?
I'm arranging for a heating engineer to take a look ASAP, however just wondered if it might be something simple.
Thanks in advance...

you need to start your own post, it is against site rules to hi-jack a post and for good reasons, yes you have the same boiler but you dont have the same fault

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back