Sime Murelle 25: What do people think?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My plumber has come up with an alternative boiler, a Sime Murelle 25. But when doing some research on it, I can find very limited info about it.

Does anyone know of them - good / bad etc? A website to visit peep's opinions etc.

Thanks in advance

M :D

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
PLEASE dont do it.

Plent of other cheap boilers that are better than this pile of junk.

My old boss had a Larda car.

One icy morning he instructed wife not to use the car.

About coffee time he had a call from wife saying she had used it and someone had skidded into it and broke a light. He was mad!

We all joked that he would have to send off to Russia to get a new light!

Where is the Sime Muriel made?

Tony

avoid the sime like the plague (the plumber probably got it free with a new drill) get a decent boiler like a Vaillant for instance.

Got a call to install a new gas fire, customer asked if I serviced boilers.
She went on to explain that the previous boiler was covered by BG, but BG would not cover their 12 month old Sime. Wonder why. :LOL:

Got a call to install a new gas fire, customer asked if I serviced boilers.
She went on to explain that the previous boiler was covered by BG, but BG would not cover their 12 month old Sime. Wonder why. :LOL:

unless the installation defects are bad their is no real way they can refuse it. i suspect one particular engineer decided not to cover it for his own sanity.

Been a heating engineer for 10 years and an electrician for 15 years and in my opinion boilers are generally much the same. I fit Biasi and have done for years. I have fitted and fixed many boilers of all make, size and type. The biggest difference is how well they were installed, commissioned and most importantly flushed and cleansed. The biggest killer of modern boilers is electrolytic action and dirty system water. It annoys me to see people always banging on about Vaillant and Worcester like they are sooo much better. In most cases its because they have been well fitted for people who are after a good job not some box slung on the wall by a muppet on a cheap price. From experience Worcester have problems with fans failing on the Greenstar range. They are Empbast which is what many manufacturers use including Biasi but the Worcester kills them for whatever reason.Vaillant have problems with pumps and housings. These are Grundfos but They die.Many of these have been just outside warranty. Biasi have had problems with aluminium heat exchanger and have gone back to stainless. Most combis use the same parts as there are only 4 or 5 makers of each of the components. The Murelle did have a 10 years warranty at one point so if its installed well, it is as good as anything and no money for fixing for 10 years.
As a note, whenever I need parts for a Biasi which is not often, I had to use the local Biasi engineer as nowhere has parts on the shelf. Reason? They dont sell enough to carry them. What cant speak cant lie!! I recently went to see two which did need repair. 1 was 13 and 1 was 11 years old and neither had been seen by an engineer from the day they were fitted. Remeha are newish to the market here but IMO are a good premium product. Made by Broag, top commercial boiler mfr.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back