Similar to dulux white supermatt

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have a couple of areas where I need to do some touching up. Said areas had been previously painted with dulux white supermatt. For such small areas I am hoping I can find a paint that is very similar to the supermatt without paying 40 pounds for a 10l can. Can anyone suggest a paint which is similar in colour to the suoermatt?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
White is a colour so all brands are slightly different. Supermatt is just a contract matt so any contract matt you can find in white. Just have to try

Just go to B&Queue, buy a tub of Supermatt, take it home, carefully open it, carefully scoop a small quantity of the paint into a container, replace the lid, clean up, and back to B&Queue to get a refund, telling them you didn't need it after all.

They don't care.

Just go to B&Queue, buy a tub of Supermatt, take it home, carefully open it, carefully scoop a small quantity of the paint into a container, replace the lid, clean up, and back to B&Queue to get a refund, telling them you didn't need it after all.

They don't care.

Can't I do that in the store without taking it home?

Sponsored Links
Supermatt is more matt than regular emulsions. It is impossible to keep clean and only officially designed for plaster that has not dried out. It has a lower latex/acrylic content which allows water in the plaster to evaporate out but as an "inferior" quality paint it is a mare to wipe clean.

Unfortunately there are many decorators that use it because it saves them time (read: money).

surely you will be decorating over the Supermatt soon?

as you have seen, it is not durable, and is only intended as a temporary paint until the new plaster has dried out. Its big selling point is that it is porous and non-vinyl, and its resultant lack of durability is the trade-off. It makes the house look bright and presentable pending permanent decoration. You can overpaint it with an ordinary vinyl emulsion which is more durable, in whatever colour suits your whim.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back