Simple Thermostat Wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks,

I have a Danfoss TS715si Timer on the wall.

If I lift the plate back I have

2 Earth / 2 Live / 2 Neutral and (One Cable to Terminal 1 and One Cable to Terminal 4)

I have bought a Danfoss RMT230p which is supposidly very compatable.

Can someone tell me what way I wire the 230p to the existing wall plate. I have read wiring diagrams but I am rather confused.

I have a Basic Heat Only system with no Valves and its Open Vented with one pump.

Sponsored Links
Its only simple if you understand, heating systems & electrics.

A simple thermostat, is just a switch.

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing. if you are confused, what is confusing you?

Check which thermostat model you have again. Is it a
RMT230 or perhaps a RET230p and what terminals has it got?

Is there a link wire in the Danfoss TS715si going from L to terminal 1?

Sponsored Links
Hi Deanalewis

The 715 is a timer (programmer).

The 230 is a room thermostat.

These are two different things (sorry if that obvious to you, perhaps I've not understood your question). Are you trying to fit the 230 onto the backplate of the 715?

or;

Are you trying to replace an existing room stat in your system?

You say that your system is “heat only”. I'm assuming that you have a hot water tank heated by the boiler (in other words on all the time not controlled by the single channel programmer)?

Sorry if I have not understood your question but a bit more information is needed.

Laurie

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back