Simpson Strong-Tie - I-Loft Roof Conversion System

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Has anyone experience of this system for a loft conversion, I was looking at a w truss conversion, had architect round who will send some info for me on my options and he mentioned telescopic beams which I assumed he meant telebeam but I wonder if these are as good/better/cheaper etc.

Thanks

Sorry to make it clear its the "Simpson Strong-Tie - I-Loft Roof Conversion System"

Sponsored Links
Yes, the system is the easiest way to put in a loft conversion as you don,t need steel beams. All the joists run from back to front of the house and it takes half the time. Watch your height though as they will be about 300mm high. Hope this helps

Course if its a truss roof then chances are you will need steel beams for the roof supports so may as well use them as floor beams as well..

The Simpsons Joist End Support is only really for front wall to back wall applications so is perfect for a terraced house for example where you don't want the hassle of party wall agreements with your neighbours. Or the difficulty getting steel beams in. You cannot use this system in every situation or house type. It was used in the DIY SOS the big build somwhere in Wales. Halved the time it would have taken for a convential loft conversion.

Sponsored Links
hello. i know this is an old post, but has anyone used the simpson Iloft system to date, and if so, how easy was it?

thanks.
al

thanks for that. in terms of building regs, is it ok to place them above a window lintel? or will the inspector ask for calcs on the lentel below the joist?

cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back