Single downstairs radiator in extension not heating up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,
Firstly, happy new year to all! This is my first post.
We have a problem with a 1.5 m tall column we added to an extended room in the spring last year, which is not heating up when the rest of the system is. The boiler is a Combi Greenstar 42cdi and there are 9 radiators in the house including the new one.
Last night I shut down all the other radiators and removed the trv tops to fully open the valves on this radiator. After 15 mins we noticed that one of the 5 columns and the bottom horizontal bar was heating up, but then did not improve. The TRV valves are not jammed, I have tried bleeding the radiator, but all that comes out is cold water.And the pressure has been topped up to 1.5 bar.
The radiator is situated on the ground floor with the nearest radiator to it working perfectly.But the flow and return pipes from this radiator to the next one are cold.
The boiler has been changed from a conventional a few months after the radiator was added.
Is this a flow problem caused by not enough pressure in the system to push the water up the radiator? If so can we increase the pressure on the boiler?
Or is the radiator not compatable with a combi boiler?

Lots of questions! Thanks in advance

Creeky

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back