Single Full Bore Check Valve

Sponsored Links
All good plumbers merchants; in general, single check valves tend to be full bore anyway, with doubles being restricted, although I know this isn't always the case

Sponsored Links
In general with SCVs, if the body is larger in diameter than the nuts either end, like this
02_0014.jpg

then it's as much of a full-flow valve as you're going to get.

Cheaper ones look like this:
77952.jpg

Notice that the body is smaller than the nuts and will restrict the flow much more. They also tend to fail more quickly.

Thanks, looks like I have the cheaper one, what web site did you see the larger body valve on

Thanks again, your searching on google is a lot better than mine. Will try Travis Perkins tomorrow

Travis probably won't do them, they're a builders merchants and stock a fairly limited range of plumbing fittings, you need Plumb Centre, City Plumbing or Plumbase, I'd try Plumb Centre first though as I'm almost certain they stock them, pretty sure they're made by Altecnic

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back