Single oven and separate electric hob.

G

Gellatly

Please help...! Oven's arriving tomorrow and I need to be sure about what is required...

Looking to install a new sinle oven and separate electric hob.

Single oven = 2.1kW (max load) (13amp)
Hob = 6.5kW (max load) (30amp)

Will these work on an existing 30amp connection.? With this diversity rule would I have to calculate my loads prior to cooking any large meals.!? How reliable is this and will an electrician agree with this when it comes to connecting.!?

If not can I connect the hob to the 30amp fuse and the oven to the main ring.? Is this acceptable.

I would rather avoid upgrading the cabling/fuse to a 45amp if at all possible. What are my other alternatives.!?

Sponsored Links
Gellatly said:
Please help...! Oven's arriving tomorrow and I need to be sure about what is required...

Looking to install a new sinle oven and separate electric hob.

Single oven = 2.1kW (max load) (13amp)
Hob = 6.5kW (max load) (30amp)

Will these work on an existing 30amp connection.? With this diversity rule would I have to calculate my loads prior to cooking any large meals.!? How reliable is this and will an electrician agree with this when it comes to connecting.!?

If not can I connect the hob to the 30amp fuse and the oven to the main ring.? Is this acceptable.

I would rather avoid upgrading the cabling/fuse to a 45amp if at all possible. What are my other alternatives.!?

If you have a socket on the cooker switch, then plug in the oven in to that socket.
Otherwise plug in the oven in to the nearest socket on the kitchen ring.

Connect the hob to the cooker outlet on the wall.

You are well within the 30A fuse rating.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back