single phase car lift

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
need to know what amp breaker needed for car lift will be using 10mm cable and it only needs to be twin & earth. If i'm correct ? some idiot paited over the motor load plate so how else would i fnd out the load needed ?

Going to take feed from consumer unit to breaker and then to the lift which will be ok !

Done household electric's before but not commercial

Help greatly appreciated

dave

Sponsored Links
Fetch the yellow pages, and look under 'electricians'

You are so for from competent to be installing commercial electrical equipment, it is frightening.

not to mention insurance, if ANYTHING goes wrong, it wont be me (or RF Lighing) who gets sued

Each model of car lift will differ, does it have a manufacturers name and a model number on it? Maybe an avenue worth looking at.
Can you clean the motor plate up? Sometimes the figures are put in with a stamp.
I'll second what rob has said too, use a qualified spark for commercial environments.

Sponsored Links
If you can't see the motor details, look at the motor control gear.
I would presume there would be a overload unit fitted to the contactor(s) that start/stop the motor.
Look at what the overload setting has been set to in amps. this will give you a rough indication of maximum current. You then have to allow for the starting current so a motor rated breaker (type D) would be needed in the CU or dist board.
Regards
FB

if the rating plate has been painted over, then scrape the paint off.. it's not rocket science..

the rating plate should be stamped or engraved, never just printed..

some idiot paited over the motor load plate so how else would i fnd out the load needed ?

By removing the motor and taking it to your local re-winders for advice.

You could take resistance measurements of the windings but it would still be guess work at best. better to have them test it properly.

need to know what amp breaker needed for car lift will be using 10mm cable and it only needs to be twin & earth. If i'm correct ? some idiot paited over the motor load plate so how else would i fnd out the load needed ?

Going to take feed from consumer unit to breaker and then to the lift which will be ok !

Done household electric's before but not commercial

Help greatly appreciated

dave

Even when painted, a motor plate can usually still be read. It will be indented, not screen printed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back