Single pitch shed roof ridge capping?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My shed has a single pitch slate roof. It's stand alone not a lean-to.
I've repaired the roof and patched up the walls so they are water tight and will clad the back (tall) wall with boarding.

How do I finish off the 'ridge' where the slate roof meets the back wall, ie the tall one? (It used to have a couple of bits of feather edge fencing forming an angled strip along the ridge!)

Is there a capping profile I can use and if so what is it called/where from?

Thanks

PS I posted this on the Building forum then decided it should be on the Roofing forum. Apologies for duplication. :)

Sponsored Links
Is the top of the wall level ish with the top of the roof?

Posh solution would be monopitch ridge slates (google it, there's loads out there).

Cheap solution would be 3m metal trims as sold for capping corrugated rooves (google metal roof trim), they'll cost about £10 each, you'd be best getting a bit of timber machined to the angle for the top of the wall to give you a fix, you can bend the trims to the angle you need quite easily, best to overbend them so when they're fixed at the ridge they are pressing into the slates.

Shabby quick and dirty would be 300mm wide Flashband

Less shabby but tricky to fix would be lead

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back