Single Raditors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a std back boiler which is CH pump.

I have looked and can't find the answer to my problem (newbee, so sorry), I have the old single rads in my house (no bleed valves) and only 1 double rad in the kitchen with a bleed valve. My problem is I took one of the single rad out so I could repaint the bedroom. I have now refitted this rad and switched it on. Now the rad is only hot at the bottom, (Air blocked I know).

My question is this.. my dbl rad is the only rad with a bleed valve. I have tried the following, I have open all the radiators up and I have opened up the bleed valve and left it open for 2 hours, hot water pouring over the floor e.t.c :rolleyes: . But the rad is still cold .

What am I doing wrong ?? How do I bleed the rad upstairs.

Sponsored Links
i have a rad that "has no bleed valve" it has its just that it is on the back top right corner, have you looked there on yours?

feel along the back at the top the bleed is sometimes there if you feel a bump its a plastic plug pull it out and the bleed is underneath :)

I have had this rad out, and looked at it from all angles it is a solid single rad no bleed valve holes or anything to poke or remove, their all the same. The only one is the dbl.

Sponsored Links
breezer said:
i have a rad that "has no bleed valve" it has its just that it is on the back top right corner, have you looked there on yours?

Where you sad it was god I feel stupid, I have opened this up but nothing is comming out any suggestions?

kevplumb said:
remove the screw poke a wire in (paper clip size) put the screw back quick :)

Thanks but no joy the rad doesn't seem to be filling with water,the input pipe (or what ever it is called is hot), the output is cold (no water at all).

I may have drained my water away by accident, it's nearly midnight and it getting a bit chilly in her, I now Have 1 rad working.. Help...

OK update I now have that rad bleed, I closed the output open the input fully and a hissing sound was heard, until water started comming out.

But it is only hot at the top now and luck warm in the rest.

kevplumb said:
open both valves :)

Cheers Kev, I have bleed all rads they all hissed, first time that's been done, I now have 1 rad downstairs that is red hot and 1 rad upstairs that is red hot, The other rads are warm. Things are getting better the temp in the house is now above 0c :LOL: The kids and wife have gone to bed.

Keep going kev, I want to be toastie all over.

What effect does switching the valve down have on I assuming it the input, since it has a non turn cap on it?

I am assuming that this restricts the amount of water flowing into the rad, so I am also assuming that these need to be turned up fully.

The other valve must be the output as that has Shut and Open on it, and this must control the amount of water that flows out?

I am confused and :oops: , give me a Pc anyday

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back