single sided glazing tape in wooden doors?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just installed a set of wooden slide/fold doors. It's Bank Holiday so I can't call the manufacturers.

Installation guidelines for glazing call for glazing tape to be lubricated on the glass side so as to allow the glass to move. - I thought that glazing tape is normally double sided adhesive.

Is this method of sticking the tape only to the timber frame and NOT to the glass a normal method? - Is it perhaps because it's timber and subject to movement?

Is there such a thing as single side adhesive glazing tape?

Sponsored Links
No what they are saying is wet the glass side of the tape so when you push the glass onto it it gives you the ability to slide the glass around to cetralise it, the water will evapourate in a day and the adhesive will still be there and grip the glass, otherwise the glass sticks like **** to a blanket and if it goes in wonky then its a pain to unstick it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back