Stepped Double Glazing - tidying up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I wonder if someone can help with this. We are looking to replace of single glazing at the front of our house with stepped double glazed units (so retaining the existing frames).

All of the glazers that have been round to look at the job are happy to install the glazing but not to attend to the painting/making good afterwards. As I understand it, the stepped double glazing will have a rim of silver tape on the inside surface, which needs to be made good. I am told that we can either paint the tape or cover with wooden beading and then paint, but will either look any good?

I'm not a great decorator, so don't want to end up with something that looks shoddy, but stepped double glazing seems the most sensible option glass wise. Can anyone make any suggestions re the tidying up work?

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back