Single tap hole corner basin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, need to fit a the above but the property has no hot water, will a standard basin cold pillar tap fit, or be small leaving a gap around the whole? Hope this makes sense!!!

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
will the place ever have hot water? if so why dont you fit the monobloc tap and just have no hot water coming out of the hot side, the water doesnt mix until it is in the spout so you wont get any cold water running back up the hot pipe and spilling onto the floor if thats what you are worried about, if it will never have hot water i think you would need a big washer under a single tap to make up the gap as the tap is small

Sponsored Links
..... you wont get any cold water running back up the hot pipe and spilling onto the floor .....

Water will run out of the hot inlet if both taps are opened - difficult to avoid with some designs.

Kitchen sink mixers usually keep the flows seperate, basin mixers usually mix in the body of the tap.

Easy to fit a stop end to the redundant tail to seal it.

If you can find a single tap that will cover the hole, I would pack the gap with something like a couple of short bits of waste pipe with segments cut out lengthwise to telescope inside each other to centralise it. A 3/4" top hat washer may be useful too.

..... you wont get any cold water running back up the hot pipe and spilling onto the floor .....

Water will run out of the hot inlet if both taps are opened - difficult to avoid with some designs.

Kitchen sink mixers usually keep the flows seperate, basin mixers usually mix in the body of the tap.

Easy to fit a stop end to the redundant tail to seal it.

If you can find a single tap that will cover the hole, I would pack the gap with something like a couple of short bits of waste pipe with segments cut out lengthwise to telescope inside each other to centralise it. A 3/4" top hat washer may be useful too.

i thought all new taps were designed with seperate tubes inside the spout to stop contamination between hot and cold, oh well wrong again :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back