Sink fixing clips

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know where I can buy fixing clips for a stainless steel inset sink please?

Sponsored Links
Yes, but I am fitting the sink into a new worktop and some of the original clips are very rusty due to a faulty seal on the sink.

Dont think you will get far with this one. There are many different types of sink clips. If you knew the make of the sink or where it was bought from then contacting vendors or manufacturers could be an answer.

Sponsored Links
can i suggest if you take the clips oil them up take the ones that work space them evenly round
clean both surfaces thourouly seal all exposed edges
bed on a bead of mastic all the way round clip in fill with water weigh down the draining board if nessisery

big-all said:
can i suggest if you take the clips oil them up take the ones that work space them evenly round
clean both surfaces thourouly seal all exposed edges
bed on a bead of mastic all the way round clip in fill with water weigh down the draining board if nessisery
tie wraps can also help sometimes just loop em through the holes on the sink tags and loop em round a screw or secured bracket
just improvise

Another way is to lash out on a new sink, which is obviously your last resort until I tell you this: -

Yet another to try IF you can bring yourself to do it is skip diving. It's amazing what people throw out! Target the skips of kitchen fitting firms for a quicker result. Look em up at yell.com.

Dont worry about the stigma attached to skip diving, just hold your head up high and tell anyone who quizzes you that you are an eco-friendly urban kitchen sink clip recycler and by the time they've worked out what you said you're out of there...... gone!
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Thanks for the replies. I bought the sink from B&Q so I will enquire there first. If no luck I will do as big-all suggests. Thanks again.

I my experience most vendors don't supply nearly enough sink clips to get a good result. Lucky for me my favorite local plumbing merchant sells packets of spare clips. I think the clips are fairly standard for s/s sinks.

Skip diving? Is that like bungee jumping? Maybe I'll take a look round the neighbourhood this weekend. I'll let you know if I'm lucky.

i also like slugbabydotcoms diversity you have indead got to improvise :LOL:

and when you go foreging make shure you take a clip with you for comparison ;)

Update: No luck with skips - everything but sinks. So tried B&Q W/H: they sell packs of 6 clips BUT they are also selling a Franke s/s 11/2 bowl sink with a moulded in seal (never seen this before) together with a mixer tap ( appears ceramic) and all waste fittings for £64 so I bought one. End of problem - I hope.

glad youve got it fixed allbeit with an updated sink :LOL: ;)

make shure you seal the exposed edges on the cut out before you install the sink

thank for the feed back its greatly appreciated :D

Thanks big-all. I read on a forum somewhere that its better to seal cut edges with silicon instead of polyurethane varnish. If so, do you just smear it all on with a scraper/spreader? Advice appreciated.

in general you use whats to hand if your gluing on edging you use contact adhesive
if your putting in a sink silicon sealant is to hand
just make sure there are no gaps so if the water gets past the seal between the sink and worktop it doesnt blow the worktop
couple of medium beads all the way round spread with a spatula bit off wood or more likely a moistend finger ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back